Sunday, November 14, 2004

Two weekends, a so called "sage" and blog-updation...

Regularity: these days, this is the first word which strikes me, whenever I think of my blog. I have always thought that one should update his/her blog only when there is an urge to write. But didn't I start blogging because I liked writing? Yes, it was the prime reason. In such a case, if I am not regular, it can only mean I'm dishonest about my interest in writing. And that's just not true! So, I have decided to make blog-updation a routine feature of my life. This is mainly keeping in mind the few regular readers (??) I have. They would already be feeling, "what the hell man, this guy's updates are like superstar's (Rajnikanth) movies these days. One in few (few>= 2) years."

******

Well, the long Diwali weekend is over. I have heard one question, repeatedly, throughout this weekend- "Abhi, why didn't you go home for Diwali?". My answer might not sound all that impressive, but still, here it is: I had work at office and my only teammate left Hyderabad on 5th itself. So, I did not want to take leave. And going home just during the 4 holidays didn't seem to be a good idea because, anyway, one whole day would be lost in travel. Moreover, all we do for diwali, at home, is wear new clothes and eat sweets. So I thought I'll save up my holidays and go to Madras on a long vacation, some time later in the year.

******

I watched the movie "The Juror", on Star Movies, and liked it. Although the climax wasn't very good, the plot was interesting and Demi Moore's performance was worth appreciation. When I was watching the movie, a current issue came to my mind. The Jayendra Saraswathi episode. It is just another case of misuse of power. This man, has not only done that but has also played with the faith and trust of so many innocent people. I have personally met people who considered him no less than god, and I really felt sorry for all those people.

I read 2 books during the weekend- "In the Morning", by the Master, and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", by Robert Kiyosaki. Both were really wonderful and from the latter, I have learnt a lot of things to which I had not given a thought earlier. Financial Literacy is a very important concept and those of you who do not know (with clarity) what that means and have not read the book, just do it!

Last weekend, I played cricket after about 2 years. It was just tennis-ball cricket, but I had great fun and I think I should start playing more regularly.

******

I would like to thank all the regular readers (actually, I don't know whether such a group exists!) for coming back and I promise that I will post regularly, from now on.

Till then, signing off thinking of the Tandoori Kabab at the dhabas on Medchal Road.

~Abhi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home