Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Hindu Crossword 8047: Cracked !!!

I'm feeling great because I cracked the Hindu Crossword today and it took me only about 1 Hour and 45 Minutes. It had some nice words and the clues were really good. Seasoned cruciverbalists (people who take interest in crosswords) might call it an easy crossword but to me, it is still a great achievement. I want this feeling of Ecstasy (28 Across) to be Everlasting (29 Across).

I recently joined a hindu crossword group on yahoo. Do you know how I got invited ? Well, the moderator of the group just came across my blog by chance and, read my entry "Crossword" (July 02, 2004), thought I would find this group interesting. (that's one of the advantages of blogging i guess !;)). 

After I completed the crossword (at around 5:15 pm...i generally try the crossie in the afternoon) I thought I'll go check my mail and post all the answers that others haven't got. But unfortunately I was too slow, and too late. Because all the answers had been posted :(. So I suggested to the group that there should be a fixed time for posting daily. This would give each one of us a chance to post whatever he/she got. Let's see what others in the group have to say about it....

Otherwise, nothing special is happening in life. Read 'Jeeves takes Charge' and think P.G. Wodehouse is a great writer. Now, reading two books simultaneously: Bleachers (John Grisham...my first grisham) and First Among Equals (Archer).

Did not watch any movie, did not visit any new place, did not meet anyone interesting, did not eat anything exotic, did not watch the India-Sri Lanka match.....My friends will say "What the hell are you doing then da?"...well...working,sleeping,sleeping, playing TT and sleeping !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger kiranananth said...

hey .. i am also an avid hindu crossword solver. a member of yahoo group too. but could never manage to solve one full crossword.

appreciate your view on a specified time to post.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Abhimanyu said...

Thanks a lot Kiran.

Do visit my new blog http://abhimanyus.blogspot.com

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home