Monday, July 12, 2004

Just a Random Thought

Let me clarify! The 'childhood sweetheart' part was just a random thought which struck me when I was writing the blog. I believe in daydreaming and I call myself a "Daydream Believer"(btw Daydream Believers is a nice song by a band called Monkees whose story is really interesting). And this was just another such instance. So, as of now, it does not have any connotation, whatsoever, to my life.

I'm really sorry if I've disappointed any of you but I'm really proud of myself for having been able to keep people guessing for quite some time.

Let me make one more thing clear...Hyderabad is beautiful! Yesterday I went to a place called Durgam Cheruvu- The secret lake. One friend told me how that additional, "secret lake", part (in the name) came about. It's something like this: Durgam cheruvu means Durgamma's Lake. So in English, one would just call it a sacred lake and because the place WAS slightly 'shady', people started calling it secret lake. This story doesn't seem all that believable but it's very interesting...lol

Actually the place is a very well maintained rock garden on a hill next to a picturesque lake. There is also a beautiful amphitheatre which could host some plays, pantomime and stuff like that. We can also book that and two other small areas for parties after 9 PM (the park closes for visitors at that time).There are some small kiosks for snacks and softdrinks and at the lake you can go boating, try angling, or just sit and relax (which is what i did !).

And hey, I finished Catch22...and I think it is a good book but certainly not great. It's funny but I really wonder why people always said if I liked hitchhikers... i would like this book. It doesn't make you think, which is the case with the former. Although h2g2 is ultimately funny and totally fictional there is a lot in that book which makes you think. Just take the example of '42'. Almost every funda in that book makes you sit back and think and whenever you think about it you laugh and enjoy. I didn't find anything of that sort in Catch22. I think it might be because I'm not a seasoned reader or may be because I haven't read too many books or may be because I just don't want any book to be compared to h2g2...whatever the reason...Catch 22 as a concept rocks, as a book...it doesn't (atleast not according to me !!!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Vinod said...

Yeah da, H2G2 is God! Catch-22 is decent though. Don't ever watch the movie version. It sucks! You won't even realize that it's supposed to be based on a humourous novel!

5:12 AM  
Blogger SV said...

Durgamma's lake eh ? Maybe it's shady because of what Durgamma used to do there.

Sharad

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home