Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Ego Surfing...

Today I indulged in an act which is not considered all that sane. Ego Surfing- it is somewhat like narcissism at a lower scale. Basically, if you google for your own name, this is what you are doing. I got one link that was my own name. I had come 4th in an online astronomy quiz when I was in 12th std and my name, 'Abhimanyu Sarvagyam', still remains on the net.

Other than that, I found quite a few meanings of the word 'Abhimanyu'.

Abhimanyu: other name for Saubhadra (son of Subhadra). Abhimanyu comes from 'abhi', which means to destroy, and 'manyu', which means all evil and vicious qualities in human beings.

Apparently, it also means fearless and wrathful.

There is one other myth which says that Abhimanyu was Chandra's son Vrachas in his previous birth. Chandra agreed to send him to fight evil but laid a condition that he can let him away only for 16 years, and hence the story about our man dying at that terribly young age.

Abhimanyu is supposed to have been a great warrior and among his other accomplishments is the killing of Duryodhana's son Lakshana. Abhimanyu's son Parikshith and his son Janmejay are respected as great rulers.

Well, I'm not saying I want to rule the world. I just want to accomplish something good so that my name gives a lot more links on google.

One of those will probably be a news article with the headline... Biotech industry bigwig, Abhimanyu, marries childhood sweetheart....lol...;)

7 Comments:

Blogger SV said...

Otha,

Childhood sweetheart eh ? We want to know more.

Sharad

11:25 AM  
Blogger Vinod said...

Yeah, we do!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Abhi,it was great to read this one. It's my conviction that you will be a Tech-Tycoon one day.Don't forget me then!! And chidhood friend????......Naughty Boy....!!-------PAWAN

4:36 AM  
Blogger ganesh said...

hey abhi,

i c that ur 'bold'ing the "childhood sweetheart" part sure means.... a lot... u sure generate gallons of curiousity dude. whoz this dame?? huh??
BTW... many many cybernerds have fallen prey to googolism___ the mythical art of trying to redefine oneself aided by G''' ___ i guess, itz somewhat similar to the effect of the 'magic mirror' on HarryPotter in da Sorcerer'sStone book :)
BiotechBIG'WIG' ... gr8... am impressed.

Ganesh.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey abhimanyu.
nice one.
childhood sweetheart huh??...hmmmmmmmmm!!!

2:01 AM  
Blogger CHANDER SARVAGYAM said...

HEY

BIOTECH NERD / TYCOON!!!!!!!

GREAT.IMPRESSIVE. SWEETHEART, THE WORLD IS WATCHING. ME TOO

CHANDER CHACHA

12:15 AM  
Blogger Abhimanyu said...

Hello Chacha,

Good to see your comment, here.
My current blog is http://abhimanyus.blogspot.com/

And as far as the future is concerned, I think I'm on track, for the most part. :)

Cheers!

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home