Monday, June 28, 2004

Beylia Bangaloreana

That's the botanical name for...let me explain the name first- Beylia is an acronym for BEautiful Young Lady...well, now you know what flora I'm talking about...actually it also fits in to the Hindi 'Sathiya, Beylia' and all that jazz...ok now, if you want to think that that's a pj, feel free to do so because 'I DON'T CARE !!'

I was in Bangalore this weekend to participete in a Corporate cricket quiz (conducted by QED), an Entertainment and Sports quiz conducted by KQA and an open quiz conducted by Arul Mani(also KQA). We missed the cut-off in the cricket quiz by one or two points (thanks to yours truly for conveniently messing up two answers). The cricket quiz was really superb...hats off to QED.


Had lots of fun. Camped at the IISc campus (thanks to a few great friends) and also met all the Madras QFI junta.

Bangalore makes you feel really good. The weather is good, the water is clean and real cold and the people are, generally, very nice. On the whole it was a great weekend and all the fun I had and all the people I met, have made me forget the slightly tough 12 hour bus journey to and from Bangalore.

2 Comments:

Blogger SV said...

Hey man,

Beylia eh ?? is that some quiz funda ??

Keep posting man, and you're right . You can't match the no of words I type :)) ...I'm jobless , you're not.

Cheers,

Sharad

11:15 AM  
Blogger Vinod said...

Sigh! At least one person had fun on that trip! lol, just kidding! Chennai weather sucks!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home