Thursday, July 08, 2004

Conclusion matters...

Due to popular demand, I thought I'll write a sequel to the previous blog but ..ah..err..eh...can't think of the right words to start. I've learnt one thing though, in any kind of presentation, conclusion matters a lot. In books it plays an even bigger role. Recently I read a book called Vector by Robin Cook (btw this was my first Robin Cook Book)that...had a...HORRIBLE ENDING

Actually things get so very predictable. All the thrill, which in my case was doubly intense because I knew quite a lot about the bioweapons used, is spoilt by a cliched climax. According to me, if you call yourself a mystery or suspense author you better know how to build up the suspense and, more importantly, how to finish the book. Some people can do the former quite easily but falter when it comes to the latter.

From the first few pages of the book I even started imagining a movie and started casting and all...one of my favourite actors, John Travolta would be the hero in that imaginary movie...but then after a while I realised all the thinking and dreaming wasn't worth it after all. The book was just plain HOPELESS!

To get over the trauma I started reading, what everybody said was one of the funniest books ever written, Catch 22. Because of slightly high workload I wasn't able to read it fast but from whatever I've read, I can say one thing- It is really very funny. Just superb.

Anyways, now that I've spoken about movies and casting...If I ever make a movie, it'll be about two childhood sweethearts ending up in the wedlock, and you would've obviously guessed by now who the hero would be and what his profession would be...lol...and as far as the ending goes, I don't care if it is cliched...after all, I am the producer damn it !!!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dai, Padum produce pannuviya....adhuleyum same childhood friends....marrying...what's the matter??Any personal incidents? Anyways, given the means at your diaposal I don't think you will get a better Hero than me:)and the heroine....................Pawan

10:33 AM  
Blogger Vinod said...

Dai, conclusion matters! But even after a post with that title, we are still not clear as to the 'childhood sweetheart' part. Please, at least in your next post, provide our romance-less lives with some spice!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home