Sunday, December 26, 2004

Night Out

Working through the night is fun. Trust me!

Ofcourse, if working in the night is compulsory, it is not. I slept through most of this weekend because there was some maintenance work at the office. I tried reading "Atlas Shrugged", which proved pretty tough and very sleep inducing. On Saturday I helped my friend with some marketing work for his new venture and went for a ride, on bikes, with some friends, in the night.

Then on Sunday, I met a friend who's back from Canada after 4 years. It was nice to meet him after such a long time and even better because he gifted me a pack of chocolates. I haven't tasted them yet but, according to me, chocolates can never be less than delicious. This guy told me I don't look as baby-ish as I used to. Well, I guess that's a compliment. Actually, it is! I used to feel bad in 11th and 12th standard, because I was shorter, and looked younger, than the 8th & 9th standard kids. [I think most girls considered me a kid...too bad!!...That's alright, the future seems pretty bright!!]

Then I played indoor(one pitch one hand) cricket and had some nice chat sessions with my cousin and friends. Main topic of discussion was Tsunami and earthquakes and cricket on Sunday morning at Madras beaches. Then I called up home, and some of my friends, to find out the well being of all friends, relatives and property (the last one obviously, is not my own) in Madras.

Then I had dinner and came to office. I worked from around 12:00AM to 7:30Am (Please deduct 2 hours of gupshup with colleagues, TT and coffee, in case you are calculating the actual effort :)). When I went out at 7:30, it was a new day. It is a wonderful feeling. I plan to go home now, bathe and get back to work. Then go home at around 6:00 pm and sleep(may be try reading "Atlas Shrugged").

The book is a birthday gift from a friend who is a big Ayn Rand fan. Let's hope I complete the book- it is huge(enormous by my standards).

All those who were cursing me for having made you read my apologyover and over again...."I pardon your French!!" :)

And hey, I donated blood on Tuesday!...I think this was the 8th time. The number is for a certain Mr. Sharad Venugopal. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home